Water & Wastewater

The City of Folkston provides water and sewer for all residents living inside the city limits. Water and/or sewer is available to a limited amount of residents living outside of the city limits.

Water Sewer Garbage and Trash Rates 2022

To Apply for Water/Sewer/Garbage Service

  • Applicants are required to complete and return the "Application for Water, Sewer & Garbage" form in person to City Hall prior to any utility services being activated.
  • Renters are required to have their Landlord complete a "Proof of Utilities for Renter" form and return it to City Hall prior to connection.
  • A deposit of $125 is required on all accounts. The amount must be paid in full before services can be established. The deposit will be returned in the form of a check when the service is disconnected, if no balance is left on the account.
  • Any unpaid balance from previous accounts must be paid in full prior to connection.

Realtors or Landlords may have service connected temporarily for cleaning purposes by completing a Temporary Water Service Application .

Water Sewer Service Application


Transferring Your Account to a New Address

  • Written authorization on a "Account Transfer Request" form must be submitted before an account can be transferred to a new address within our service area.
  • Account Transfer Requests are not taken by phone.


Disconnecting Your Service

  • Customers wishing to disconnect service must sign a disconnect order by coming into City Hall or by faxing a disconnection request to 912-496-3844.
  • Disconnection requests are not taken by phone.



The City of Folkston is hereby giving notice of availability of water and sewer service without regard to race, color, sex, age, handicap, religion, or national origin. This notice is pursuant in Civil Rights Laws and regulations applicable to federally assisted programs.