Coronavirus COVID-19 Information for all citizens
The County is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019, commonly called Coronavirus or COVID-19. Currently all County Offices are open by appointment only. The County will continue to share any important information as we receive it.
Shareable Links from Governor’s Press Release on the New Executive Order
As noted earlier, the Governor’s press release on his new Executive Order contained several images and more detailed information for individuals and businesses. Please share this information with others in your community to help explain the Executive Order details for individuals and businesses.
- Who Must Shelter in Place through June 12, 2020?
- Large Gatherings Ban (No more than 10 people to gather in a single location unless there is at least 6 feet between each person.)
- Basic Rules for Businesses
- Guidance and Criteria for Opening Non-Critical Infrastructure
- Criteria for All Retail Businesses (Retail Businesses, including Food Establishments and Retail and Wholesale Grocery Stores)
- Closed Businesses through May 13, 2020
- Info for Restaurants
- Info for Body Art Studios, Cosmetologists, Hair Designers, Nail Cure Artists, Estheticians, Their Respective Schools, Massage Therapists and Tanning Facilities
- Info for Bowling Alleys
- Info for Gyms and Fitness Centers
- Info for Movie Theaters and Cinemas
Note that the Executive Order does include an expanded list of individuals who are considered high risk and/or vulnerable:
- People aged 65 or over
- People in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, community living arrangements, etc.
- People with chronic lung disease
- People with moderate to severe asthma (individuals who experience symptoms at least daily, wake up at least one night per week from symptoms, use short-acting beta agonist for symptom control, have some limitation on normal activity)
- People with severe heart disease
- People who are immunocompromised
- People with class III (BMI 40 or over) or severe obesity (over 100 pounds past healthy body weight) – BMI Calculator
- People with diabetes
- People with liver disease
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
GEMA Provides Information on Ways to Get Referrals for COVID-19 Testing and Testing Site Locations
Testing for COVID-19 has become more widely available over the last few weeks. The Georgia Emergency Management Agency has released information on ways to get referrals for testing and testing site locations. Identifying individuals who are positive and encouraging them to self-quarantine is a key factor in helping to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please make sure to share this information with your community.
The Governor issued a new Executive Order on April 2, 2020. We are providing a Statewide Shelter at Home Handout to help you better understand the order. This Executive Order has been extended through June 12, 2020.
At the national level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the best source for information. At the state level, Governor Kemp has appointed the Georgia Coronavirus Task Force, led by the Georgia Department of Public Health, to direct information distribution and response.
Below you will find several links to resources that provide more information about COVID-19.
Georgia Department of Public Health Daily Status Reports
The Georgia Department of Public Health provides daily status reports regarding the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state. Confirmed cases are defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus. Status reports are updated daily at noon and 7 p.m. Click here to access the most recent report.
COVID-19 Hotline - (844) 442-2681
The State of Georgia has a COVID-19 hotline. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.
Additional Georgia Information
- Governor Kemp’s News Conferences
- Governor Kemp’s Press Releases
- Georgia Coronavirus Task Force
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Department of Public Health Guidance on COVID-19
- Georgia Department of Public Health Press Releases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Information: About COVID-19
- CDC Factsheet: What You Need to Know about COVID-19
- CDC Factsheet: What to Do if You are Sick from COVID-19
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19
- CDC Information on Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- CDC Information about COVID-19 for Travel, Businesses, Pregnant Women & Children and Schools